Thursday, May 28, 2009

10 months

Where does the time go? 10 months ago, I was in labour, on my way to the hospital already dilated to 7 cm. That was one long car ride, even though it was probably less than 10 minutes. I remember the car ride while in labour with Elliot: I only had a few contractions. With Felix, I was contacting every 2-3 minutes. Very intense.

I look at my baby boy now and can't believe the changes. I still think of him as a baby. Well, yes he is still a baby, but he's also crawling and pulling up to a stand on anything he can. He will giggle and squirm away as fast as he can if you call out "What are you doing?" in a sing-song voice as he inspects something he shouldn't.

He's so mischievous. Especially when he thinks he's getting away with something. He was chewing on a phone cord while I was in an appointment yesterday. Everytime, I would say "ta-ta" and he'd take it out. After a while, he'd put it in his mouth and whip around to look at me, and he'd grin.

He said Dada today. Very clearly. I stopped, frozen. Thinking "Who said that? That wasn't Elliot's voice!" And so he's been babbling dada and shrieking it all day long. Ask him to say 'mama' and he'll whisper back 'dada'. Little stinker. But I love him dearly.






I'm on day 3 of my new diet. Finding the sugar/chocolate cravings a bit easier to deal with, but they've been especially challenging today. Decided not to wean from the antidepressant just yet. After enduring 2 nights of withdrawal symptoms in the form of shakes and nausea, I just don't want to deal with that now. I'll try again in a few more weeks. And that time, I'll do it differently - break open the capsule and remove part of the medication, so I take a smaller dose each day over a 6-8 week period.

We'll see.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...