Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sickies

Don't know (yet) if it's strep throat or just a bad sore throat, or scarlet fever (strep with a fever & rash - it's going around at Elliot's daycare), or just "die off" as the yeast in my body finally gives up the ghost.... but I. Hurt.

Tonsils are swollen and nasty looking. That seems more than the simple "sore throat" listed in the die off symptom list. Why does this always happen on a weekend? Ok, ok, I knew yesterday, but with all my other appointments I didn't have time to go see my doctor for a throat swab (gag). The walk in clinics (all 2 in the city) open in 2 hours. Each are 30 minutes away, in opposite directions. This is shaping up to be an awesome day! Are you as excited as I am?

**UPDATE: 5pm: Yep. Strep. Joy.**

In boy news, Santa arrives at the mall today and so we've been thinking of taking them over for pictures. That'll be interesting. Here's last year's picture...
Christmas 2009

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Aww. Feel better. I have a "real life" friend with strep right now too. It's going around. :(

Rainyday said...

My mom has it, too. She said her symptoms started on Tuesday. Mine started Wednesday. It generally take 1-2 days from exposure to symptoms. We both saw my brother on Sunday. I think I may need to hunt him down.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...