Sunday, October 31, 2010

C'est l'Halloween!

BOO!   

RAWWWR!


In their daycare costumes... (Elliot's T-Rex wasn't finished yet.) Felix wouldn't take the lion suit off all day! And couldn't wait to put it back on for tonight...it's the end of an era, as Elliot's worn that suit the past 2 years. It won't fit anyone next year, so it will be donated to the daycare. I'm going to start scouring the second hand shops for cheap, bigger costumes and dress up clothes and start a tickle trunk for them.


Nearing the end of their trick-or-treating. Elliot was beyond wired for it. He would run from house to house, shouting "Trick or treat - I love candy!!!" What a basket case. He was already exhausted from a busy day and no nap and weird eating times. Had a melt down at supper and very nearly missed getting outside for Halloween at all. But it worked, I found a way to cajole him into eating his supper without actually spoon feeding him like a baby - which is what he wanted - and then we got a late start.


The heavy tail kept dragging on the ground and getting hooked on steps and doors. But he loved it. So brave. One house had their porch set up as a haunted house, complete with a smoke machine. He declared "I'm not afraid of ANYTHING!" and marched up there to claim his candy. 

 Jay's handliwork, lit with mini Halloween lights. 

In other news, I've joined the NaNoWriMo and have accepted the challenge to write a 50,000 word novel before November 30th. Might just be the bit of motivation I need to get creative. Though, I will be more difficult for the first few days, because I was viciously attacked by a can of condensed milk while gathering ingredients for tonight's supper.  Heavy can + 2 foot drop + ceramic tile =



Holy frack it hurts!!! It's still throbbing and the pain is radiating down the finger, into my wrist and up my arm. After it happened and I howled in the kitchen for a bit, I managed to grab an ice pack (ok, a bag of frozen french cut green beans) and ran down to Jay's office in the basement, shaking and bawling. Scared the poor man, but he quickly got me back upstairs and secured a real ice pack and found the ibuprofen.I hope it heals fast. But given my track record, it probably won't!

And now, I should get my hand out of the candy bag, drag the double stroller up the front steps because I can hear the rain pattering down, and get myself to bed. Night, peeps!

5 comments:

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

YAY! I'm doing NaNoWriMo too! I'm still at 0 words today, but....ummm, oh well!

Those costumes rock! They are just adorable!!!

What an evil, evil can of condensed milk. I hope you gave it a good beating.

Alicia said...

Your jack-o-lantern looks like Cookie Monster! Yes?

Rainyday said...

I don't think the intent was for cookie monster, but it sure does look like him!

My finger is doing better. Haven't yet found suitable punishment for the can of milk. Nothing that would be safe for my waistline, anyway!

Joann Mannix said...

My fingernails are aching more now!

I have to go watch a movie with my husband who is whining about the time I spend on the Internet, so I don't know if you accomplished NaNoWriMo. Either way, congratulations. It's a huge thing to take on and I'm proud of all my writer friends who were that brave.

Rainyday said...

I didn't complete NaNoWriMo... not this time. Stalled out at 6300 words and couldn't bring myself to type any more. It's still all there, though and I will get back to it some day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...