Monday, December 13, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I was worried when we brought the boys to pick out a tree this past weekend. It was snowy, Jay and I were both there, it wasn't toooooo far a walk away. All good, right? But, the trees were in a busy grocery store parking lot. And it was snowing. And it was a good 15-20 minute walk away. And I was recalling, in great detail, this cringe worthy tree outing. Kudos to her, huh?! Mad skillz!

Anyhoo, it took mere seconds for us to pick out a tree. I didn't even have time to pull out the camera to capture the boys running through the lot, slipping on ice, climbing in the baler. Probably for the best. I would have loved to have gotten a picture of our salesman - a young teenager who asked Jay if he wanted him to give the tree "a fresh cut on the butt" before we took it home.


Jay used his strong man arms to carry it home, the boys helped drag it into the house, and there it sat, in the stand and tied to the wall, until tonight when I encouraged the boys to decorate it instead of watching TV while I prepared supper. (Turkey lasagna, yum!)


I found the collection of cinnamon ornaments we'd made last year, wrapped tightly, that still smell awesome. I keep thinking there's some hot guy in my living room and I want to lick him. Apparently, I have a thing for cinnamon. Who knew?!

Tonight when the boys asked for lullabies, I sang Christmas carols - O Holy Night, Silent Night, White Christmas... I love this time of year!! Now to get on with that huge list of holiday baking...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well. Looks like you have a MUCH more efficient process for obtaining a Christmas tree than I do. Taking notes.....
(BTW: totally jealous no one offered me a fresh cut on the butt!)

Elizabeth-FlourishInProgress said...

Ohmygod...good lookin' tree!!

Clearly, you have some sort of top secret skill that lets you get the tree inside without mangling anyone or anything.

Beautiful.

Rainyday said...

We do love our tree. The boys love taking the ornaments off. Well, Elliot's good about not touching it too much - when my mother came for a visit today and was looking at some of the ornaments, Elliot piped up with "Nanny, we're not supposed to touch them once they're on the tree!!" Felix just waits for us to be out of the room and starts hoarding the balls, bells and whistles. And then Elliot tattles. Oh what fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...